NeuSpera Medical is seeking a Software Engineer with embedded systems and medical device experience. The qualified candidate will be capable of evaluation, selection and the application of engineering design best practices, techniques and procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing firmware and software for internal and external use. The candidate should be capable of generating well documented, readable code.
The candidate must have the ability to write design documentation and lead requirements compliance, including verification, validation and method traceability. Familiarity with design Configuration Management and Quality Control Processes is a plus. The ability to plan for and document verification test results is required. Experience in debugging and troubleshooting medical electrical systems is strongly desired.
Location: NeuSpera Medical, Inc. headquarters in San Jose, CA
Reporting To: VP of R&D
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Engineer
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: 0-5 years
Manages Others: No
Industry: Medical Devices
Required Travel: Limited
- Design to Value: With a strong understanding of customer needs deliver attractive, high value product solutions.
- Rapid prototyping: Quickly translate product design needs into prototype forms ready for evaluation.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously improve products, prototypes & development processes with an eye toward adding value & improving efficiency.
- Program Management: Participate in projects including contributing to project plans that detail timeline of deliverables, costs, scope & people.
- Intellectual Property: Disclose new ideas and support formal development of intellectual property.
- Contribute to a goal oriented, collaborative & productive work environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. Software or Electrical Engineering (MS or PhD is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in medical device engineering and software design in industry or in project-based education
- Results driven, collaborative team player capable of working well with others
- Ability to listen to customers and translate into accurate, actionable specifications
- Strong coding skills, including familiarity with medical device software standards such as IEC62304
- Experience in the use of python, C, ST and TI microcontrollers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Office and Laboratory
- Limited travel
DOWNLOAD Software Engineer.pdf
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Tue, January 23, 2018