Senior Electrical Engineer Microwave/RF Design
NeuSpera Medical is seeking a Senior RF/ Microwave Electrical Engineer with a deep understanding of electromagnetic and RF theory and hands-on knowledge to take a wireless technology from concept to production.
The project includes the development of highly efficient microwave devices for communication and power transfer to devices within the body. At the same time, unwanted RF exposure of the tissue surrounding the antenna and the resulting energy loss shall be minimized. The candidate should be comfortable with design, simulation, prototyping, and measurement of planar microwave structures and communication circuits. Furthermore, the candidate should have knowledge of regulatory issues surrounding microwave devices and have some exposure to EMI/EMC testing. The ideal candidate should therefore be skilled at and enjoy working with computer simulation tools, prototyping design concepts, and performing characterization and debug using RF measurement instrumentation.
Location: NeuSpera Medical, Inc. Head Quarters in San Jose, CA.
Reporting To: CTO, NeuSpera Medical, Inc.
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Engineer
Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Related Field
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Manages Others: No
Industry: Medical Devices/ Wireless Technologies
Required Travel: Limited
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Microwave system design: Including working with product development teams to define appropriate system requirements and translating requirements into design concepts and prototypes with intended geometry, impedance matching, efficiency, SNR etc.
- Rapid prototyping: Design of Microwave circuits, PCBs, and systems. Quickly translate product design needs into prototype forms ready for evaluation by selecting and interacting with suitable vendors.
- Integration: Support system level product development through testing support, interaction with system and firmware engineers to define interfaces and block requirements
- Product testing: Identifying and setting minimum performance criteria for quality. Design pre-verification and verification of system design against FCC regulations and other design inputs.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously improve products, prototypes & development processes with an eye toward adding value & improving efficiency.
- Intellectual Property: Disclose new ideas and support formal development of intellectual property.
- Contribute to a goal oriented, collaborative & productive work environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Senior Electrical Engineer/Scientist Electromagnetic Design
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Strong academic background in RF theory and practice that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Communication Theory, Communication Circuits
- 3 or more years’ experience in microwave engineering or related field
- Results driven, collaborative team player capable of working well with others, as well as autonomously with little direction with strong sense of individual ownership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Expertise in microwave circuits, microwave PCBs
- Extensive knowledge in PCB design, manufacturing, and assembly
- Design of PCB Assemblies using software such as Altium, Orcad, etc
- System testing, debug, hands-on benchtop testing experience including extensive working experience with Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope
- Familiarity with simulation tools for planar structures
- Familiarity with system development environments such as matlab, python and EMI/EMC testing experience is a plus
- Office and Laboratory
- Some travel necessary
DOWNLOAD Senior Electrical Engineer Microwave/RF Design.pdf
Apply by email: email@example.com
Posted on Tue, January 23, 2018