Principal Mechanical Engineer
NeuSpera Medical is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer with mechanical design experience in medical devices. The qualified candidate will be capable of evaluation, selection and the application of engineering design best practices, techniques and procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing solid models, generating detailed drawings, dimensioning and geometric tolerancing. The candidate will be capable of generating detailed component specifications.
The candidate must have the ability to write design documentation and lead requirements compliance, including verification, validation and method traceability. Extensive familiarity with design Configuration Management and Quality Control Processes is a must. The ability to plan for and document verification test results is required. Experience in component design and process development of mechanical assemblies for implantable medical applications is strongly desired.
Location: NeuSpera Medical, Inc. Head Quarters in San Jose, CA.
Reporting To: Vice President of R&D, NeuSpera Medical, Inc.
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Engineer
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: 10+ years
Manages Others: No
Industry: Medical Devices
Required Travel: Limited
- Design to Value: With a strong understanding of customer needs deliver attractive, high value product solutions.
- Rapid prototyping: Quickly translate product design needs into prototype forms ready for evaluation.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously improve products, prototypes & development processes with an eye toward adding value & improving efficiency.
- Program Management: Lead projects including developing and maintaining project plans that detail timeline of deliverables, costs, scope & people.
- Intellectual Property: Disclose new ideas and support formal development of intellectual property.
- Contribute to a goal oriented, collaborative & productive work environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (MSME or PhD is a plus)
- 10+ years experience in engineering and design of mechanical systems for medical devices (implantable medical devices preferred)
- Results driven, collaborative team player capable of working well with others
- Ability to listen to customers and translate into accurate, actionable specifications
- Strong Mechanical Design fabrication skills, including familiarity with standard medical device processes such as laser welding
- Experience in the use of SolidWorks CAD software
- Understanding of electronics packaging design (implantable and non-implantable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills required
- Office and Laboratory
- Limited travel
DOWNLOAD Principal Mechanical Engineer.pdf
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Tue, January 23, 2018