Senior ASIC Engineer
NeuSpera Medical is seeking a Senior ASIC Engineer deep experience/knowledge in taking a design from concept to specification through design, tapeout, test and delivery. The qualified candidate will be capable of evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures. The idea candidate will have experiences working with and managing 3rd party ASIC developers and foundries. The candidate should have extensive experience in the design and test of ultra-low power electrics. The ASIC Engineer must be capable of identifying specifications from a system level, development of architectures to meet specifications, and testing samples to meet specifications. The qualified candidate in this role will also be asked to assist and, at times, mentor junior engineers.
The candidate must have experience in ASIC Design, Simulation and Verification including the use of FPGAs and EDA tools. Experience with schematic design, mixed signal simulation, and physical design is required. The candidate should be capable designing and testing custom emulation hardware using off the shelf components to emulate ASIC system architectures. Ability to work in the lab and plan for and perform initial hardware bring-up and debug is required, as is the ability to write design documentation and manage requirements compliance, including verification method traceability. Familiarity with design Configuration Management and Quality Control Processes is desired along with ability to plan/document Verification. Experience in design of electronics for medical applications is a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior ASIC Engineer
Location: Neuspera Medical, Inc. headquarters in San Jose, CA
Reporting To: CTO
Base Pay: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Engineer
Education: 4 Year Degree (M.S. or Ph.D. EE is preferred)
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Manages Others: No
Industry: Medical Devices
Required Travel: Yes
- Rapid prototyping: Quickly translate product design needs into prototype forms ready for evaluation.
- Generate design specifications and architectures to meet specifications
- Create test benches of ASIC blocks and subsystems for full system integration
- Development of test and screening procedures for production ASICs
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously improve products, prototypes & development processes with an eye toward adding value & improving efficiency.
- Program Management: Build, maintain and manage against high-level project plans that detail timeline of deliverables, costs, scope & people.
- Intellectual Property: Disclose new ideas and support formal development of intellectual property.
- Contribute to a goal oriented, collaborative & productive work environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
- 5 or more years experience in engineering and design of electrical systems
- Experience at all development levels of an ASIC including schematic design, physical design, tapeout, and test
- Basic understanding of RF and microwave theory
- Strong experiences in development of complex mixed-signal test and measurement setups
- Experience in circuit board design for test
- Strong knowledge of scripting environments
- Results driven, collaborative team player capable of working well with others, as well as autonomously with little direction
- Strong Electrical Engineering or Electronic Design and test skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Office and Laboratory
- Some travel necessary
Posted on Wed, June 13, 2018
by Tiffany Wise